I’m a new user to QuickBooks and I notice that whenever I create a vendor credit and then go to Pay Bills, QuickBooks automatically applies the credit. This is very frustrating. Can I change this option?
Yes, in Company Settings
1. Click on the Gear icon.
2. Under Settings click on Company Settings.
3. On the left side column click on Advance.
4. In the section Automation, click On to the right of Automatically apply credits.
5. Remove the check mark to the right of Automatically apply credits.
6. Once the check mark is removed you will see that it now says Off.
7. Click on Save.
*Click on Images to View Full Size*