I want to make an account inactive like I use to do in QuickBooks Desktop, but all I see is the Delete option?
In QuickBooks Online making an account inactive you use Delete. Do not fear, you can bring the account back! Any accounts deleted are not gone forever, they are just inactive.
Make Account Inactive:
1. At the Chart of Accounts window, highlight the account you want to make inactive.
2. On the right side, click on the down arrow to the right of Run Report.
3. Click on Delete.
4. You will get a message saying, Account is Now Inactive.
*Click on Images to View Full Size*
Make Account Active:
1. From the Chart of Accounts window, click on the Settings gear.
2. Check off Include inactive.
3. Any accounts deleted from your Chart of Accounts will appear with the word deleted to the right of the name in brackets.
4. To make a deleted account active again, click on Make Active from the option drop down.
Tip: View only Deleted Accounts:
If you want to see just the deleted accounts, type deleted into the search box.