Is there a way in QuickBooks Online that I can bill back customers for expenses?
I’m happy to say YES!
Step 1: Setup the settings
*Click on Images to View Full Size*
1. Click the Gear icon – Company Settings.
2. Click on Expenses – Bills and expenses.
3. Turn on Track expenses and items by customer.
4. Turn on Make expenses and items billable.
5. Click Save.
Step 2: Enter Expense
1. Click +sign – Expense.
2. Enter the expense. Make sure Billable column is checked off and enter a Customer.
3. If required, you can attach a copy of the ticket payment at the bottom of the expense form.
4. Click Save and Close.
Step 3: Create Invoice
1. Click +sign – Invoice.
2. Enter your customer name.
3. When you enter your customer`s name, related billable items appear on the right.
4. Click Add to move the billable expense to the invoice.
6. Click Save.
7. To view more information about the billable expense or remove click on the link icon.
8. Clicking on Billable expense opens up the following window.
- The Billable expense feature is available in QBO Plus only.