I’m always posting reminder notes on my monitor and desk. Is there a feature in QuickBooks that I can use that will allow me to keep track of reminders and do away with my sticky notes for good?
I’m happy to say that in QuickBooks you can use the To Do List in conjunction with the Reminders feature. You have the choice of creating a Call, Fax, E-Mail, Meeting, Appointment and Task.
*Click on Images to View Full Size*
2. You can add a new To Do by either method:
- Bottom left of screen, click on the arrow to the right of the To Do button and then click on New To Do.
- Right click anywhere in the To Do List window and click on New To Do.
3. You can now enter your New To Do.
4. Select from the drop-down areas:
- Type – from drop down list select your option
- Priority – High, Medium or Low
- With – make sure to check off With and select your option from the drop-down list. The With field is optional.
5. Next enter the required date. Check off the Time box if required.
6. Enter your details and click OK.
9. Go to Reminders and see your To Do Notes.
10. From the menu bar, click on Company – Reminders.
11. At the Reminders window you will see the option for the To Do Notes.
12. Double Click on the To Do Notes to open up the list of To Do Notes.
Setting Your Reminders Preferences:
1. From the menu bar, click on Edit- Preferences.
2. At the Preferences Screen select Reminders from the menu list on left side.
3. At the My Preferences area make sure Show Reminders List when opening a Company file is checked off. Now anytime you open QuickBooks your Reminders will display.
4. Next click on the Company Preferences tab.
5. Under the Show Summary column, make sure To Do Notes is selected. If you prefer to have the list displayed instead, check off under Show List.
6. Under the Show Summary column, check off what other reminders you would like to display when you first open up QuickBooks.