I work for an aesthetician where we issue manual receipts to clients after their service. Clients sometimes pay using multiple ways for their treatments, i.e. cash and credit card, or debit and credit card.
My job is to enter the receipts into QuickBooks. I tried to use Sales Receipts but it does not allow me to receive multiple payment methods. Any suggestions?
Sales Receipts only allow a single payment method. I would suggest using Invoices and create items for different payment methods. You can receive multiple payment methods using invoices.
First thing you need to do is create payment items for Cash, Debit, Visa, MasterCard and cheque.
1. On the menu bar click on List, Item List.
2. Right-click anywhere in the Item List window and click on New from the shortcut menu. You are now ready to create your items.
*Click on Images to View Full Size*
3. Click on the down pointing arrow to the right of the Type field Select Payment type.
4. In the Item Name/Number field enter payment method i.e. Mastercard.
5. In the Description field – enter Paid by Mastercard.
6. Click on the down arrow to the right of Payment Method – select Mastercard.
7. Check off – Group with other undeposited funds. By choosing this option, you can match deposits to the bank statement when you reconcile.
8. Click OK.
9. Create all your payment methods.
10. Create an invoice and enter the payment methods on the same invoice.
11. Click Save & Close.
12. When you reconcile the bank statement, click on Banking menu and Make Deposits (or Deposit icon on icon bar).
13. Select Payments (that match bank statement) to deposit.
14. Click OK.