Is there a way in QuickBooks Online that under the Status column I can have it showing Viewed when my client views their invoice. Having it showing Sent is great but I want to make sure they have actually viewed the invoice.
Yes. All you need to do is make changes to Online delivery setup in your company settings.
Setting Up Company Settings To Display ‘Viewed’ In Status Column
1. Click on the Gear icon – Company Settings.
*Click on Images to View Full Size*
2. At the Settings screen, click on Sales – Online Delivery.
3. Under Email Options for Invoices – choose Online invoice.
4. Make Sure Attach invoice as PDF is NOT selected.
5. Click on Save.
6. When your client receives email they will click on View invoice.
7. Under Status column it displays Viewed when client has viewed invoice.
8. You can click on any invoice that has been viewed by client and under Activities at bottom of invoice, will have the date and time invoice was viewed.
9. Your client/customer has the option of either Printing the invoice or Save PDF by clicking either options at the top right of the online invoice.
The Difference If You Select ‘ Attach Invoice As PDF’
1. If you select Attach Invoice As PDF in the company settings your client will have an option to click on Attachment. By clicking on attachment this will not be captured to show the customer has viewed invoice. Status will display Sent only.
2. If you click on any invoice that displays Sent under the status column, Activities at bottom of invoice will display Sent information only.