Where in QuickBooks Online do I find the Undo Reconciliation button like I have in the Desktop version of QuickBooks?
In QBO you have to manually undo a reconciliation. To undo a reconciliation, you’ll need to unreconcile each transaction via the register, one at a time. Undo reconciliations is currently only available in QBOA (Accountant) version.
*Click on Images to View Full Size*
1. Click on the Gear Icon – Chart of Accounts.
2. To the right of your bank account (you want to undo reconciliation) – click on Account History.
3. Scroll through register until you find the transactions with R under reconciled column that needs to be unreconciled.
4. Click on the R of the transaction that needs to be unreconciled.
5. Clicking on the R field will allow you to change the status of the transaction to the desired status from blank = unreconciled to C = Cleared.
6. Make your changes and click on SAVE.
7. The following message will appear:
8. Click Yes.
9. Continue this process for each transaction you want to unreconcile.
How To Undo Bank Reconciliation In QuickBooks Online Accountant version (QBOA)
1. Click on the Gear Icon.
2. Click Reconcile under Tools.
3. Select bank account you want to Undo reconciliation.
4. Hover your mouse over the reconciliation month you want to undo. As you hover you will notice an UNDO button to the right of the Auto Adjustment column.
5. Click on the UNDO button.
6. The following message will appear:
7. Click OK.
8. Success screen will open.
9. Click OK.