When I click on the Attach button the Doc Centre window appears. How do I use the Doc Centre?
The Doc Centre is a helpful feature as it allows you to manage your documents related to your vendors, customers, employees and other transactions all in one place. For example, if you are opening up documents in Word all the time to review information while you are in QuickBooks, or you have contracts to look at, you can add these documents to the Doc Centre in QuickBooks.
You can also click the attach button to attach the documents.
Adding Documents To The Doc Centre
1. From the menu bar click on Company-Documents-Doc Centre.
2. You can scan your documents and attach, drag your files from Outlook, your desktop or folders. Or just click on the Add Document or Scan A Document button.
*Click on Images to View Full Size*
4. Now anytime you want to review a document – at the Doc Centre right click on the file you want to view and click on View Details. You have all your documents in one place in QuickBooks!
5. To delete files from the Doc Centre, right click on the file you want to delete and click on Remove From QuickBooks.
Attaching Documents from the Doc Centre
For this example we are going to attach a document to a Vendor.
1. From the menu bar click on Vendors-Vendor Centre.
2. Click once on the Vendor name to bring up the Vendor Information window.
3. To attach a document click on the attach button (paperclip) – this opens up the Attachment window.
4. At the Attach From: click on Doc Centre.
5. Click on document name – click on Attach – click on Done
6. The attach button (paperclip) changes to show a document is attached.
7. Double click the attach button to bring up the document screen to preview the attached documents.